Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow Tubing

Tubers coming down the hill.
Richard, Andrew and Jayna with their tubes.
Whitney warming up
Andrew getting ready to ride up

Every month we plan a "family fun" activity- this month the activity that won the vote (yep, there's a process at this home!) was snow tubing. We had never gone before, it was fun to try something new. You get a tube and then ride up to the top- picking a chute (hill) to go down-various levels available, go down and then can ride back up to the top. You can go down as a big group too. My coordination made me think I was crazy to think that I could actually try skiing again someday! My first try: I fell off the tube as it was going up, then had difficulty getting off the tube at the top- there's a spot where you're suppose to get off- the man was yelling at me "bail, bail!" Then later a worker was helping Jayna and I get ready to go down together and he hit me in the mouth hitting my teeth! Anyhow it still was an overall fun experience. I was really surprised how fast even the smallest hill was. Jayna, Andrew, and Richard really loved the experience. Whitney got cold pretty fast and thought it was okay. Even the little hill made me a bit nausea, but I thought it was fun too. I always just like trying new things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!