Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hooray for Technology

This kind of goes with my last post about Richard being gone. I was thinking how thankful I am for technology and how it lets us communicate when he's away. Growing up my Dad was away for work a lot - I think the general schedule was gone two weeks, home one. I grew up knowing I didn't want a husband that was away a lot. I felt like with my Dad being gone so much, he didn't really know me well and wasn't as involved as I would have liked or as I wanted for my future children. Thus- probably one reason Richard is not the over the road truck driver that he had shown interst in at times! Anyhow- with all the advances in technology- it really lets us communicate even when he's away. Certainly he calls us, but he also does a daily blog while he's away. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it! And it lets us see a little more into his day. Sometimes if I'm missing him I'll go back and read one of his posts. There is also texting- a quick easy way to say "hey", or communicate when you don't want the kids to hear what you are saying! Facebook- we have been keeping a scrabble game going while we are apart. It's just nice having so many ways to keep in touch so we can still feel close while we are apart. I think it certainly makes things easier for me.

Watched Moulin Rouge with Andrew last night- good story. A bit more risque than I liked a the beginning, but a great story!

Taking Jayna and a friend to Bounce Magic today. It's been spring break week and I've only worked one day. It is nice to rejuvenate and feel refreshed. ( I've even been sleeping in until 8!)I got some supplies for work and feel more ready to tackle next week. When I first started working at this school (it's an alternative school for kids with behavior or emotional/ mental health issues that don't allow them to attend a "regular" school)people did things like wish me luck, said they wouldn't want to start there... Anyhow, the kids have been good- sure some days are hard- but the things a lot of these kids have to deal with are hard. I have become quite fond of several of them.

And so it goes...

No comments: