Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Speculation

Well- for now we are still living in a world of speculation. Are we staying or are we moving? And what's this all about anyhow?

If this was years ago I don't think I would share much info., I would have thought that it would be embarrassing to say we might do something and then not get the job or what not- but here and now- I KNOW MY HUSBAND is AWESOME- and whether he gets this job ( or if we take it or not) does not change the fact that he is AWESOME at all. Anyhow Richard has interviewed for a position working for an out of state university medical center. It seems like it would be a step up from his current job- at least in enjoyment and be a bit more of a challenge for him (which he needs) He has another interview on May 6th- they had told him before that they usually only call one person in for this interview- unless it is very close. So I'm guessing he's top choice- but maybe still has someone he is in contention with. So we still wait. And we don't know what it pays yet- and if we would choose to go if he is offered it.


While we wait- we speculate! Of course! Richard and I have gone to the area and had a quick look at several communities. We had considered taking the kids with us- but decided against it. I didn't want to ruin their perception of the area, by being stuck in a car driving around to areas we may or may not live in. (when we moved to NY- I think I destroyed their appreciation of Niagara Falls by taking them on a freeezy snowy day in Nov. when I needed to get out of the house) Anyhow-at this point I'm not even sure if we hit the area we're most likely to live in, we were able to at least cross a few areas of our list though. So much to consider. Last time we moved, our oldest child would have been starting first grade. This is a whole new ball game with 3 kids aged 9,14, and 16. The area is different too- more rural- I probaly shouldn't have mentioned it to my son that he could join a fly fishing club at school? I have been wanting more space around- but also need a place for everyone to do things.

Well- I still remain so antsy, while I wait- probably another 2 1/2 weeks I'm guessing.

Happy Easter everyone! We were able to do some visiting of family over this weekend and that was good. We continued the egg hunt with the cousins on my side of the family and had one with their little cousins on Richard's side. We had one at my parents on rainy Friday- hiding over 400 eggs for 8 kids aged 8-16! It's kind of fun and funny! When they all go to college we'll probably still have to do this but put gift card prizes in them or something! Although we were visiting family, I did go to church today ( just the first meeting/sacrament) I'm glad I did- I needed it. I love the meaning of Easter.

And so it goes...

No comments: