Saturday, June 18, 2016

How much fun can we have?!

We just returned from our vacation trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We had 3 full days of fun and 2 days spent mostly driving. It was a great opportunity for our family to hang out together!  As much as I don't love long car rides, at times they are one of my favorite things.  Hysterical behaviors and conversations as well as some deeper topics discussed.

Our family needs room to spread out and be alone some, so renting a 3 bedroom cabin was a perfect option for us.
 Outside of our cabin and our trusty van which we named Van Go!
One silly kid!

The cabin had a pool table and arcade machine that everyone enjoyed for some cabin down time.


 View from cabin deck!
I found a reading nook although I didn't read as much as I thought I would!
 
The cabin also had a hot tub on the deck which some of us enjoyed the first night.
 
Nature! We loved getting out into nature!
 
 I was at the Old Mill General Store and saw they had duck food- so we went to find some ducks! And pigeons ! At times it felt like we were on the edge of getting attacked! They would eat out of your hands.

 2 bear cubs, Mama bear was a little lower in the bushes.
 Wild kid wild kid! Andrew in a tree.
 Andrew was not so sure about this sign!


 Tubing- I was one heck of a mess for this experience! Thankfully my husband and kids kept saving me. The water was a bit low and easy to get stuck or in Jayna's instance she had her tube run away from her. The kids all really enjoyed the experience, I was glad when it was over!
 Whitney and Richard after ATVing in the mountains. Jayna and I started out as well, but after a bit Jayna decided it was not for her so we hung out together.

 

This bear visited our cabin!


 
 
More Fun!

Jayna mini golfing, after she climbed over the fence.

This handsome guy ready to mini golf.
The Escape Game!  We didn't escape but we had a great time trying to! Lots of fun, and our guide said we were so much fun to watch!  He said so many people come very serious about winning, but that we seemed like we were having fun just playing the game! This was one of the last things we did and it ended vacation on a high note.
 
 The Dixie Stampede! Yes, I paid for this overpriced picture. It is so hard to get my 3 kids together for a photo and I thought this was a good one!
Waiting for dinner at the Stampede. The show was fun, and it was especially so since Jayna got chosen to be an audience participant. She participated in the bucket brigade and her team the North won! ( I'll try to insert a video later, but right now it is too big and I need my techy husband to help!)
The Island at Pigeon Forge. This felt lovely on a sunny day, music, fountains, shops ( Richard and Andrew checked out the moonshine distillery) we ate at Margaritaville and enjoyed the fun atmosphere.
We also enjoyed shopping and eating at the Old Mill area.
Fun! Fun! Fun! We had so much fun and I'm full of gratitude for the opportunity that we had to be together and enjoy fun things together.
And so it goes...
 
Reading Now- "Night Train to Lisbon" by Pascal Mercier , it is taking me a good while to get through, but I like it.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this. So great that you got this time as a family. And wow, it looks beautiful there!