Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day and Life

We celebrated Mother's Day today, which was nice. Richard was afraid he would have to work in the morning tomorrow (he does) and didn't want to miss it. The kids got me one of those cool recordable cards, and it is definitely something to keep and cherish. They sound adorable. Anyhow, I got some great gifts : new shoes, scripture tote (Andrew's recycled, but it's good for me!), a new purse, a hanging basket, skillets too (Which I wanted, but think I will return to get a different kind- sorry Richard) Anyhow, I love my kids a ton. Tomorrow the kids and I are driving to Ohio to see my Mom. I hope it is a really nice day. Sometimes I wish I could be a little closer to family, especially as my parents are getting older. It will be my Mom's first mother's day since her Mom passed on. I don't know if she'll be sad or not. My sisters and some of their families will be there too and we plan on having a bonfire (burn the brush pile, a way to help Mom) so it will be nice to see everyone. I wish I didn't have to be the one to drive home though- that's always Richard's job!

Richard is now working a 2nd job part-time. He is working at Motel 6 doing front desk and maintenance. We were both looking for something to just make things financially a little easier, he got something first. Which I felt a little guilty about. I'm only working part-time, but really felt I needed to finish the school year out since I'm new to being in the work force. Truthfully, I think he is dealing with it (working another job) better than I would. He says when he hears stories about the economy and prices he's thankful he already has one. He's a good man.

College stuff has been stressful. I thought I was doing fine, but am now feeling somewhat behind. I have a test I need to take before I can get admitted to the program I want and won't be able to take it for almost 2 weeks. (To prove I don't need remedial English!!) The stress being that there are only 12 more spots open. Oh well, I really think it will be fine and if not then I guess we'll wait a year or try a different option or...?

I love the smell of our lilac bush!

And so it goes...

2 comments:

Richard said...

Hi Sue -
I just wanted to let you know that you're a great Mom and I'm proud that you are my wife. I appreciate all you do for our family from stuff around the house, driving kids around, and always taking care of everyone (including me). I know you're working hard to try to get all of the college stuff squared away and sorry it hasn't been very easy. I want you to know that I love you and I'm proud of you. I hope you had a good Mother's Day and a good birthday.
- Richard

Anonymous said...

Wow going back to college? it is a big step but a good one. I'm glad you get to do that. I hope things get a bit less stressful soon