Sunday, September 28, 2008

17 Years!! Sept. 28, 2008

Well, today Richard and I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. He picked out the perfect card for me that made me cry- it was just what I needed to hear. We have had some hard times in the past years, but overall it has been a happy 17 years. I'm blessed to have someone who is so kind and a good dad to our kids. So here is to the next 17 years!! He got me some stuff from Bath and Body Works that I was checking out the last time we went to the mall. We also went out to eat.

The past few days Richard has been taking a motorcycle training class. He absolutely loved riding!!! He can now get his license; we just need to find the money for a motorcyle now!

Whitney is at it again: being a little saboteur. She loves to bake- which doesn't help dieting! Right now she has cakes in the oven! She was traumatized the other day by a visit to the Dr. It was just for a well visit. Being the independent girl that she is, she wanted to go into the Dr.'s by herself. I was just joking with her and told her if she had some lung disease or something, make sure I know. However, the Dr. did come out with 2 things that we need to check on with her. One is scoliosis, and the other is a mole that she should have checked out by a dermatologist. Whitney is like her mom- not a big fan of Dr.'s, so she wasn't pleased by the news. We will probably go to get her x-ray tomorrow to see if the scoliosis will require any intervention (I'm thinking no, but we'll see). She also has a dentist apt. on Tuesday- poor girl!

And so it goes..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for both of you - 17 years!! I think you are both great people and it seems that as you are both growing and changing ( back to school and motorcycle riding) that you are continuing to allow each other the space to pursue your own needs. That is important.

Tell Whitney we are thinking about her. Conrad needs to see a dermatologist too ( especially because of his dad's history)and she is inspiring me to make the appointment tomorrow.

Chery

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversaty!! wow 17 years... totally awsome