Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 21

MY new motto is "put one foot in front of the other". Being back in school has been an adjustment,so I'm trying to take one day at a time (sometime one class at a time.) I'm doing okay so far, but it is a lot and I'm trying to keep everything in balance.

We had plans to go to Darien Lake (amusement park) yesterday, but Jayna ended up being sick. I wasn't excited to go, but it would have been better than having a sick child.

Grocery shopping and freezer meals- any ideas??? I use to go grocery shopping every 2 weeks, but it got to a point that I would come home and not have enough freezer/refrigerator space for everything, plus the produce and stuff might not be so fresh when I was ready to use it. I'm going shopping now about every week, but I wonder if I spend more money that way. (hard to tell with the increase in food prices!) With school and everything I'd like to do some make ahead freezer meals- does anyone have ideas for any recipes or websites? I've done stuffed shells, pizzas, and meatballs before, but not too much else regularly. I'm thinking a few extra meals available for those crazy days would be nice, but looking for something healthy too.

Weight loss- I have kind of hit a plateau and am basically maintaining a weight loss of about 40 pounds- I know I have more to lose, but am finding it hard to keep at it. Hopefully I can maintain this loss and get more motivated in a bit. I'm still keeping the weight watchers online program.

Reading now- (mostly textbooks!), but have started reading The Long Walk The True Story of a Trek to Freedom by Slavomir Rawicz

And so it goes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! Menues work for me. I made menues for 2 weeks (one week will work too) then I just buy what I need. It helps with space and spending! It takes sometime but at the end it works great. It saves time every night since you alerady know what are you eating