Saturday, September 6, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL !!





Phew!!! We all made it through the first days of school! Jayna started first grade and has 2 friends from our street in her class. It works out well that she is an early riser- she gets on the bus around 7:40. So far she seems happy. My complaint - although I don't let her know it, is that I wish they would let them play on the playground more, especially when the weather is so nice, and probably won't be for long. Out of the 4 days she's gone, I think she got to play on the playground once. They did play duck duck goose outside too, so maybe it's not terrible, but I believe down time and fun can lead to better learning!

Whitney and Andrew are both in the same middle school now. Most of Whitney's friends are on her "team", so that was a great relief to her. She seems to have had no problem from going to a few teachers to a bunch. This is all old hat to Andrew- who is now in 8th grade. So far, so good for him also.

I started college! I have 15 1/2 credits this semester. So far it looks like my anatomy and phsiology class and lab will be the things I really need to keep on top of. It was a bit overwhelming! Wednesday's I'm in class basically from 9-3:30. That's my long day- luckily the rest of the week my days are shorter. Occassionally I panic a bit- am I really going to be able to do this? However, other times I'm just excited about being able to learn stuff that will allow me to hopefully have a "real" job some day. I'm proud of myself for taking this step! I do have 2 occupational therapy courses this semester, hopefully that will give me a chance to be sure this is where I want to be.

**Just Finished: "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer- a really good read

And so it goes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They all look so grown up!