Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nov. 23

Thanks for the comments on Thanksgiving. Richard had actually mentioned going out to eat, but it just didn't seem right to me. So I think this is what we're doing: having a smallish thanksgiving dinner, then going bowling sometime that day. We had planned bowling as our family fun activity for the month (there's a process to that at the Ashead home!) and haven't gotten around to it, so that will work as some good Thanksgiving family fun. Plus we have a coupon for 99 cent games, so that's good too. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jayna's birthday party is Saturday at Chuck E. Cheeses. She really loves that place!! Andrew and Whitney never had a party there. I'm not sure how many kids will be there yet- I think they have until Tuesday to RSVP. Few or many, it will be fun! With her birthday being so close to Thanksgiving and me being crazy about school I really need to make sure I give it enough attention. She recently started a Brownie (Girl Scout) troop. One of her friends down the street goes to the same one.

Middle School dance last Friday. We ended up with 4 girls sleeping over. Whitney and her friends have decided that after every dance one of them will have a sleep over. They were loud, but not too bad, and Whitney is always good about cleaning up after them. Middle school time I think is such a time of trying to figure out who you are, what you like..., I see friendships that Andrew and Whitney have had changing. With Whitney being in middle school now- that adds a whole new group, since 2 schools join to form the middle school.

Andrew and Whitney will both be starting practices for the school musical soon.

School has sometimes felt brutal lately for me. I have to say that I think the whole thing is harder than I thought it would be (always good to get humbled I guess) I'm still doing fine gradewise. I have an OT project due the first week of Dec. that I really need to put some concentrated effort into. I've thought about it, picked up some supplies, but really need to make myself start putting it together. It's a poster presentation and unfortunately I'm not that artistic- so I think that has inhibited me somewhat. I had advisement for next semester- I'll have 7 classes which is one more than I have this semester ( 1 credit more too). It seems crazy when it is hard already, but I was so thankful they counted another class from Hiram so I'm not taking 8 classes! ( Plus it made me feel like that first year of college years ago wasn't totally wasted)

Well, I gotta go get Whitney (she's at a friends again!)
And so it goes...

No comments: