Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jayna- and more!


Can you believe it that our youngest has now turned 7!!! Jayna celebrated her birthday at Chuck E Cheeses yesterday. I would have to say the best part of it was her excitement- she was just bursting with excitement the whole week leading up to and had a great day. Today a day after, she was going to play with something and she said there is so much to do the day after your birthday. She's been enjoying her new toys ( I would say favorites are new pet shop things and her cleaning set- broom, mop...) I have to say it was hard for me to buy her the cleaning set- who wants stuff to clean with!!! But she wanted it and has enjoyed being her sister's maid!!

div>Jayna is such a special child to us ( of course all our kids are) Jayna's specialty is being sweet- she still likes to give and get hugs, and she has a good sense of humor ( according to my sister she wonders where my kids get their humor- since Richard and I aren't really funny!)





Jayna and her friends at Chuck E Cheeses

Hat and purse and card from Grandma and Pap Ashead



Riding a ride at Chuck E Cheeses with Matt
Thanksgiving ended up being really nice- the morning I spent working on an OT college project- ugh, but it's done and I should have a presentation on it tomorrow. Then we went bowling- who knew so many people went bowling on Thanksgiving? Anyhow it was nice to get out of the house- made me give the project a break- then we came home and I worked on dinner- turkey breast, potatoes... and some pies with the help of Sara Lee!!! ( My mom would have never done that!)
Reading now: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
And so it goes...




>

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I'm so glad to hear that Jayna had a great birthday. She's getting so big. However, the main reason I posted... I can't believe you are reading Mrs. Frisby. That was my all time favorite book from 3rd grade to 8th grade. After that, I started reading the Red Wall series (also about mice and other animals) which is also fantastic. You and I have the same taste in books! I love having someone to talk to about them. I hope school is going well!