Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts and more

So it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but Jayna is watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on tv. Isn't it a bit early? I have to say I'm a little excited myself for Christmas already, but I do hate all the commercialization so early.

Thanksgiving- who knew it was going to be so stressful to do nothing?? We had said we weren't going to go to my family's this year and that we were just going to chill out here. Here is my dilemma though - I still want some kind of nice immediate family activity, but this is what I envision- me spending all this time cooking while the boys (Andrew and Richard) playing video games, while Whitney hangs out in her room and Jayna does whatever. Buffalo has a big Turkey Trot that I thought would be fun to just get out and watch, but Richard didn't feel like it. Whitney knixed the idea of doing crafts (we could of done something grown up), Jayna would like to play games together- but I didn't have many takers on that idea. I just want it to be a little special. Here are some things I'm thinking may be a possibility: all go see Madagascar 2 together, simplifying the Thanksgiving dinner- pie is important to Richard and Andrew, mashed potatoes and gravy for Whitney and turkey designed cupcakes; so maybe just do a turkey breast,with potaoes and dessert, but skip the stuffing?, maybe we could buy a new game like a kids scene it and enjoy some time playing that together? I don't know- I just don't want to be angry on Thanksgiving- I don't expect us to do stuff together all day, but I would like to have some kind of plan that everyone else could be on board for.

Okay, enough ranting- on a happy note our Tom Turkey is getting full of feathers, so that is nice- I've been remembering to ask people who are over to add a feather. And I really do have so very much to be thankful for.

School has been overwhelming lately, but I guess that happens. I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

And so it goes...

reading now : a long way gone Memoirs of a Boy Soldier - it is good so far,something that always intrigues me is how some people can come through really awful situations, and still thrive, but how others go through awful situations and become bitter or lose themselves.

Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I always wanted to just go to a restaurant that serves Thankgiven dinner for once in my life. So I don't have to cook. And them have some fun activities!!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

You guys could go out for chinese instead just like on A Christmas Story. I say the simpler the better, your right you don't want to be angry especially on a holiday