Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hi- It's been a busy couple of days. I had Thursday and Friday off and don't have to go back to work until Monday, that is really nice, one thing about this job is that with school holidays and stuff, I end up with days off fairly often beyond my normal days off.



Thursday I went to the temple, which I was glad I could do. I have been trying to go once a month. That night I had a stake Primary meeting.



Friday a trip to the dentist with Jayna, errands and then the much awaited arrival of my sister and her 2 girls April and Ashley. The kids really enjoy being together, April is 10, Ashley 13, so they fit really well with Andrew being 13 and Whitney 11. Jayna thinks Aunt Mary is great! We played some Guesstures and after Jayna went to bed we watched August Rush, I thought it was a good movie, but a little old for the kids. Saturday we colored eggs, then had our traditional egg hunt. Is there something wrong with us when we hide about 270 eggs for 5 kids?!! Anyhow they enjoyed it. I wonder how long I'll be finding "lost" eggs! We did the hunt inside this year, this weather just isn't feeling too springish! We also went roller skating today, everyone seemed to enjoy it.



Tomorrow morning I'll go to church. Then we'll do our tradition of having an Easter picnic, definitely indoors this year too! We picked up Subway for it tomorrow, we'll also have fruit, and chips and angel food cake with berries and whipped topping. Hope everyone else has a wonderful Easter, I'd love to hear about your traditions.



Weight watchers today - I am down a total of about 12 pounds, I am glad about that, have a long way to go, but one day at a time, right? I am definitely eating much more conscientiously. Richard is also doing weight watchers online now and has lost around 7 pounds. It works out nice with both of us doing it.

I'm exhausted so hopefully I'll get to bed soon! Jayna has mentioned that she hopes the Easter Bunny doesn't hide her basket the same place he has the last few years, and also that Andrew and Whitney won't be waiting to get her with silly string this Easter. It was kind of funny to me because I guess we miss some of Easter as the kids get up before us and find their baskets. Anyhow, hopefully the Easter Bunny will find somewhere to hide her basket that isn't under the computer desk! And I have a feeling that there will be no silly string in the baskets this year.

And so it goes...


Sue

No comments: