Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29

Things have been busy here, I guess that is the norm with 3 kids! Today was our Primary activity, I think it went pretty well, the theme was Follow the Prophet. There weren't too many kids there, but the ones there I think had a pretty good time. I am so glad it is over though. I have to do sharing time this week, and on Tuesday we have a Primary Presidency meeting. It can be busy, and I just need to remember to keep a positive perspective, and sometimes remember that good enough, is good enough sometimes. I am thankful for the church.

Well, who knew that my 6 year old knew the macarena? I didn't. There was a spring fling at the elementary that the girls and I went to, and there Jayna is doing the macarena. I guess they do it during project aces which is an exercise program they do in the mornings at school. Both girls had fun, Whitney basically went off with her friends and Jayna and I "danced" (jumped, twirled...) generally in the same vincinity as her teacher. It was an 80's theme, which I thought was weird for youngs kids, but some of them were dressed up with the denim skirts with leggings under them, the teased hair, just things that brought back memories, so it was kind of weird.

Can you believe it- I have lost 15 pounds now! I got weighed in this morning. I didn't realize that reaching that point would make me feel so good, but it did.

I've been really glad that Andrew is enjoying playing his bass guitar- no fighting to make him practice or anything, he just does. Which is wonderful! He takes lessons from a college student, whom I think he thinks is cool. He also started a paper route today, we'll see how it goes. Richard said it was lots of work and he was dragging about 1/2 way through. Hopefully he'll stick with it for a good while.

Jayna had a birthday party today and Whitney went to a Red Cross babysitting class.

Although nothing has come to fruition yet with Richard's job search, he has been getting some nibbles lately, so that is promising.

Also, I did officially apply to the occupational therapy assistant program at the community college here. I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure that's what I'm doing, but I am feeling really good about it.

Have a great day... And so it goes...

Just Finished- "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks, an okay read,not my favorite of his though.

Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is busy there!!! Everyone is going a different direction. Jayna may have to give us a macarena lesson at the 4th of July. Hopefully you guys will be there - I'm sure you heard that John, Aunt Wilma, John Travis and Kari are coming.....maybe more. Whitney attending babysitting class and Andrew playing the guitar....all so wonderful Congrats on the weight loss. Good job!!! I am at about 7 lbs. so far - missed last week but should make weigh in this week.
Cheryl