Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Feb. 19

Hi- We got our 1st fence estimate today - a little more than I expected. I think we are going to go with the vinyl. It really would like nice. We'll probably get at least one more estimate, then go from there. I'm actually a little bit excited about getting it done. You should see how it looks now - on one side there are 2 unpainted panels that don't match the rest, on the other side, where some of the panels fell down, Richard has a hodge podge of stuff up to keep the dog from escaping.

Day 2 of the kids winter break and Andrew is sick with the flu. Poor him. Whitney had it over the weekend and hopefully it doesn't spread any more than that!! Good that we didn't have any big plans for this break.

Jayna is playing at her friends house right now. (Matt)

Sunday I was released as the 2nd counselor in the Buffalo Ward Primary, then called as the 1st counselor in the Primary under a new president. For those who know these sisters: Sister Krystal King is president and Shara Desrosiers is 2nd counselor, no secretary yet. It should be good.

Saturday I took a huge step and joined weight watchers. It just hit me that I needed help. It seems that after Whitney was born (almost 11 years ago!) was when I started gaining and not really losing much. Over the past few months I had been gaining weight and didn't know why, then it hit me that with my new job I sit about 19 hours a week. I was never running a marathon before, but I think I was definitely moving more and that working has added to my weight (hmm, one more thing I don't love about my job!) In the past I had considered doing something, but didn't want to spend the money, and thought I should just be able to do it myself. Plus, I had seen my mom go on and off weight watchers, losing then gaining. Anyhow, I felt I needed help and signed up. It was pretty intimidating going to that first meeting, luckily there was an older woman there who talked with me and made it a little easier. I've chosen to do the "flex plan" which has you counting "points", this is day 4 and so far so good. One day at at a time. The thing that I really notice is how little food I really need, portion control- which is something I knew I would need help with. I hope that going to the meetings will help me stay motivated and focused, like each week it is a new beginning. Anyhow wish me courage, strength, determination and a high metabolism!!

Have a great day. And so it goes...

Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue - How funny that you are getting or looking into a fence! That is what I am doing with my income tax return also!!! Almost everyone in my housing area has a privacy fence along the back of their property. My house didn't have one and I have hesitated to put one in because the kids always seem to need something for school etc. But this is the year. I want to do some landscaping in the backyard and none of that could really be done until the fence was put up and basically serves as a foundation for trees in front of it etc. I will be SO glad. I look out my window and see that landscaping business behind me and it's noisy and dirty and just a bit of an eyesore. I will start getting some estimates in March and would hope to get it done in April or May. I have thought about the vinyl - wonder if it comes in a natural wood look for vinyl?

Yeah for you and weight watchers! Lets keep each other motivated. I am really focusing on being fit and healthy right now. I have made it to the gym 3 days this week - even in the cold wintry weather! I am trying to plan 15 minutes at the beginning of each day and end of each day. This helps me plan meals, calories, and celebrate what I did right and how I could plan better next time for something that went less than ideal. Plus I have started drinking ALOT of herbal tea - sometimes with honey, sometimes splenda and sometimes with nothing. It warms me up and makes me feel cozy in the winter....plus it is a way for me to relax and de-stress. Kind of like couch side meditation...lol. You can do it!!!!!
Cheryl